Happiness doesn't always mean the things that others do for you that makes you happy - sometimes you have to be your own form that.
Often times people search for happiness in another person. When you love someone that person adds on the the parts of your life that are carefree but when things go wrong that can easily take it all away. Happiness isn't in the form of a person, it starts with you yourself. If you want to live a stress free life, you have focus on what you're allowing to consume you.
Things I did to relieve negative vibes
- I purified my thoughts. I started yoga classes and personal mediation were I was able to release all the tension. I also wrote all the things that were bothering me and all my bad thoughts down on a piece of paper and burned it, as my way of eliminating and letting go.
- I switched around my room. I arranged items in places they usually aren't and organized anything that was cluttered. This was my way of adding some form of organization to my life.
- Everyone loves a good bit of "tea" but I didn't engage myself in gossip or anything that caused negative thoughts. I even went so far as to eliminate anything that had to do with people that hurt me in the past that would cause bad flashbacks.
- Body detoxing. What you put inside your body makes a difference also. I tried detox tea for the first time and got rid of any junk foods I had in my apartment. I also went to the spa to have a cleansing facial.
- Treat yourself. Even if it's something as small as buying a shirt you really want, if it makes you happy do it. I like shopping and that's what makes me happy so I purchased a few items that I loved.
- Talk so someone you love. This doesn't mean you have to tell them exactly what's going on but just engage with someone who makes you happy, who lifts your spirits. (That would be my grandma, she's a doll)
Jacket from Blitz London
Somewhere on everyone's blog there is a bit about how you should go about blogging - tips, don't's and just overall ways to improve both your following and content. But they never really give the raw details about how blogging really goes, so I'm here to inform you all. Happy Reading!
- Your blog will change so don't try to make it perfect the first time. I change my blog template about twice a year and I'm always improving a feature. Don't stress yourself over everything.
- Blogger cliques do exist. Feeling left out? That's the motive. Don't get me wrong, I have a London fashion squad but it's when certain groups of girls think they're better than others, we have a problem. It doesn't hurt or cost to be kind to others.
- You don't have to look like everyone else. Yeah it's nice to explore the trends that are popping up everywhere but make sure you have something unique to offer. The amount of stylists I've worked with that find that bloggers all look the same is terrible. Bring something new to the table.
- Follow to Unfollow. This is very annoying once you catch on to the fact that some bloggers will follow you on Instagram or Twitter then the next day unfollow you. Some people are just out to get the followers but since I've been working with PR agencies, I've found out that most times its not the actual blogger doing it. There are new softwares that promote organic followers (not bought) and the system will automatically do this. So maybe she's not a complete b*tch after all.
- Being inconsistent will be your downfall. A week of not posting on Instagram will take you from 900 page views to 100 easily. Give the people what they want!
- Your feed is your resume. Every brand or PR agency thinking about working with you will check your Instagram feed first so make sure you have professional shots and things worth looking at! Please
- Brands will tell you no. Please don't get too upset about this because things won't always go as planned but if you make a long list of companies and contact them all you're going to find someone that wants to work with you. AND be realist. You're not going to land a Missguided campaign on your first go babes.
- I've realized that posting at certain times really doesn't matter when you have loyal followers. If they want to see you, they know where to find you. Don't get worked up about posting at exact times.
At the start of 2018 I just knew I was in for an amazing year! I wasn't entirely sure what super exciting things were coming my way but I prayed a lot, sent my CV around, prayed some more and sent positive vibrations out into the atmosphere. HUGE NOTE: Nomatter how much you think you aren't experienced enough for a job, believe that you are. Take a chance.
About 2 weeks ago I started my first ever professional job in the fashion industry (apart from years of retail) and I couldn't be more excited about it! Although I was a bit nervous I always have a can do attitude about things so I knew I was going to nail it.
I woke up on a gloomy London day and was off to my first location as a Junior Stylist. Throughout the day I travelled to five different locations consisting of storefronts, PR agencies and show rooms. Every person at each place was so lovely and didn't even mind my quirky personality (I really am a fun time). I attended each appointment professionally and on-time - apart from the fact that my feet were literally crying. It was really an amazing experience watching everyone prepare for London Fashion Week! I was able to arrange looks for upcoming photoshoots and connect with people for future projects - not to mention my boss is the best!
Throughout the day my friends and people on Instagram were asking me exactly what I do as a stylist. Although it's really so fun traveling to all these different appointments it calls for someone with a strong attitude, a fast thinker and positive person. If you are interested in becoming a fashion stylist here are a few tips I would recommend you keeping in mind!
SHOP THE LOOK
Most people would agree with me that starting a new task at the start of a new year is one of the most satisfying feelings in the world. Bettering yourself and changing bad habits are a few of the common "New Year Resolutions" that are often broken after the first month is through. Any takes on Dry January? I believe that if someone really puts their all into the goals they set, anything is possible.
Positive Year Tips
- Start Positive : Going into something with faith that it will happen is one of the best things you can do. Negative thoughts create negative outcomes and I believe that whatever you put out into the universe it will ideally throw back at you.
- Remember that life happens : Things will not always go how you hoped it would. Everyone receives their share of disappointments at some point in life. Speedbumps shouldn't be anyone's excuse to give up on everything they have worked hard for.
- Set Bigger Goals : When you're comfortable you tend to lack when it comes to completing your tasks. Make goals that scare you, that way you will be pressured into finishing them. I find that I work best when I have loads of things to do. I suppose the title is fitting for the moment...pressure makes diamonds.
As the new year has just started I hope that all of you make a conscious decision so bloom a better version of yourself. That could mean a number of different things but it's yours so own it.
SHOP THE LOOK
I'm not too fussed about bras but give me the right underwear and I feel like my life is so well put together. Everyone's so worried about the perfect outfit but what are you wearing underneath?
Firstly, let's talk about this gorgeous boxing which just so happens to be my favorite color! Scrumpies has done an excellent job with presentation - not only for the packaging but the garments themselves. Each one has their own style and theme.
I chose "Golden Delicious" because I thought the gold would compliment my skin tone well and I was completely right. I was a bit skeptical about the glitter material because like many, it literally feels like sandpaper on my skin. Surprisingly enough, these panties are lined with silk so you don't feel a thing! They were super comfortable, fit perfectly and I would definitely recommend them for someone who is looking to make some sparks fly. (Haha)
Lastly, each garment has a unique charm that makes it extra cute. I've never really thought to wear one on my underwear but it's a very sweet touch.